A bit overdue, but I'm releasing the presentation I delivered in the DC9723 in November 2019.
The main take away from it was - Penetration testing is not red teaming - contrary to the belief of some people.
I won't write all of my thoughts about this subject, even though I'm pretty vocal about them. There are enough people out there that wrote about it.
However, small outline:
- Slide 1 - Opening slide
- Slide 2 - Main takeaway
- Slide 3 - Recent example that shows that the Red Team isn't only related to Information Security
- Slide 4 - My details
- Slide 5 - Overview of Penetration Testing
- Slide 6 - Where and why Red Teaming started
- Slide 7 - Red Team in the Cyber Security field
- Slide 8 - Differences between Internal & External Red Teams
- Slide 9 - How to plan Red Team assessment
- Slide 10 - Details about Physical & Human security
- Slide 11 - Red Team and Penetration Testing main differences
- Slide 12 - Main takeaway
The deck is available here
Not how many, but where.